The Federal Housing Administration should look to private mortgage insurance companies as a model for how to standardize the claim review process. more »
More in ServicingSee All »
Liquidity is waning in markets for residential mortgages and related securities, and regulators and policymakers need to address this issue before it turns into a crisis, according to Kroll Bond Rating Agency.
The Colorado Attorney General's Office has settled a lawsuit against a Colorado Springs company and four of its owners and employees requiring them to pay $125,000 for allegedly charging homeowners a fee to get back excess funds from homes that were lost through foreclosure.
Home Partners of America is marketing its second securitization of single-family rental properties.
The painfully slow healing of the metro Atlanta housing market has continued, as the foreclosure rate dipped again.
MountainView Servicing Group is the exclusive adviser for the sale of a nonrecourse servicing portfolio of Fannie Mae and Freddie Mac loans.
The California State Assembly approved legislation Monday that would expand the rights of a deceased homeowner's surviving loved ones, including widows, widowers and other heirs.
The president and founder of a now-defunct East Falmouth, Mass., mortgage company has been charged with defrauding the federal government out of nearly $3 million, according to a statement from U.S. Attorney Carmen Ortiz's Office.
Las Vegas-area distressed housing problems continue to improve but remain among the worst in the country, new reports show.
- Simplifile Q2 2016 Report Finds Emerging Preference Among Lenders for Settlement Partners Who E-Record
- Another 23 Counties Across South, Midwest Adopt Simplifile E-Recording
- Simplifile Staffs Up to Support Mortgage Lender Initiatives
- Assurant Acquires American Title, Leader in Title and Valuation Latest Expansion of Capabilities in Housing Market
- Capsilon Announces Growth Investment from Francisco Partners