Banks are dumping their mortgage servicing rights because low rates and new rules make it hard to earn a profit. SunTrust, Flagstar and First South Bancorp in North Carolina are taking the opposite view. more »
More in ServicingSee All »
The Mortgage Bankers Association has detailed the features of a proposal to succeed the soon-to-be-defunct Home Affordable Mortgage Program.
Towd Point Mortgage Trust is adding more "dirty" pool assets into its fourth reperforming mortgage securitization of 2016.
Mortgage industry hiring and new job appointments for the week ending Sept. 23.
Assemblyman Sean Ryan called for the Amherst Industrial Development Agency to cancel tax breaks for PHH Mortgage Corp., after the company disclosed plans to eliminate 91 jobs at its Amherst, N.Y., facility by year's end.
A six-bedroom, 11,887-square-foot mansion in Riverwoods, Ill., that former Chicago Bulls guard Jannero Pargo lost to foreclosure in 2014 sold on Aug. 29 for $1.375 million.
Fay Servicing, a Chicago-based mortgage services firm, will create 100 new jobs in Tampa at its new Southeastern regional headquarters.
The June Brexit vote continues to have implications for the mortgage industry, as prepayment rates jumped even higher.
Seeking to protect Los Angeles renters from unscrupulous landlords, the Los Angeles City Council voted to require landlords to tell tenants of their rental rights during so-called cash for keys deals.
- Simplifile Adds 5 Counties in Western U.S. to Nations Largest E-Recording Network
- Simplifile Expands E-recording Network to Another 9 Southeast Counties, 14 Midwest Counties
- Simplifile Q2 2016 Report Finds Emerging Preference Among Lenders for Settlement Partners Who E-Record
- Another 23 Counties Across South, Midwest Adopt Simplifile E-Recording
- Simplifile Staffs Up to Support Mortgage Lender Initiatives